Shareholders Still Supports F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone

Majority shareholder of the Formula One Group, CVC, choose to “watch and wait” bribery-related cases being attacked President and CEO of F1, Bernie Ecclestone.

Previously, German prosecutors indict Ecclestone bribery. The charges relate to the payment of 44 million U.S. dollars to a German banker, Gerhard Gribkowsky, from Bayern Landesbank (BayernLB) related to the sale of shares of Formula 1. Ecclestone party has six weeks to respond, since the indictment was launched last week.

Last week also, CVC issued a formal statement will monitor this case. This week, the source of the CVC told the Daily Telegraph that they support the 82-year-old British entrepreneur is.

Suppose after going through the legal process he is proven guilty, Ecclestone leadership must be willing to remove the seat. The next question is, who is the best candidate to fill the position place?

Sources Daily Telegraph stated that Ecclestone replacement will likely come from outsiders. Formula 1 currently has 313 staff and 10 senior managerial positions. None of them are worthy to replace Ecclestone.

“This business is too small to have a replacement candidate from within. Successor will almost certainly come from outside,” said the source.

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner is one of the so-called replacement candidate Ecclestone. However, most of the names come from the world outside of F1, including Sainsbury’s CEO Justin King and former M & S boss Sir Stuart Rose.

“I do not know if companies such as Sainsbury’s boss could do my job. Maybe he could,” Ecclestone told the Guardian newspaper last April, when the King entered the name as a candidate.

However, it seems that the shareholders are not in a hurry to find a replacement candidate.

“The reality is that Bernie is running a business and he is much better understand what was going on than us,” continued the source of the CVC. “We clearly have an important role for our shareholders, but we do not run this business, day after day, in detail.”

Rossi: Marquez Could Be the Best of All Time

Laguna Seca – MotoGP victory at the U.S. makes Marc Marquez has collected three titles in his debut season. With great potential you had, Valentino Rossi said Marc could be the best of all time.

Marquez not only touched the finish line in pole position in the race at Laguna Seca, Monday (22/07/2013) pm dawn. He did it with a great action when overtaking Valentino Rossi in corkscrew twists.

Centipede podium at Laguna Seca Marquez became the third victory in the debut season. Rider 20 years before it was finished champions in Austin and the Sachsenring circuit.

“He’s got all the potential to be a (rider) of all time, or better than me, or to win more than me,” said Rossi flattering Marquez.

“He’s got great talent, great skill, and is still very young. But it is too early to tell right now because the road is still long. But he has a 100% chance to make it happen,” said Rossi in Crash.

Than when he was undergoing his debut in the 500cc class, Rossi said Marquez has much better capabilities. The Spanish rider was very rarely makes mistakes, which makes him very rarely fell from his mount.

In fact, except when an accident in Italy, Marquez always completed the race on the podium. Currently he is on top of the standings with 163 points.

“I was very fast in the 500 class in 2000, but I made ​​a lot of mistakes and fall in the first two races, and perhaps for that reason I failed to become champion. So Marc same as me, but already-upgraded – new model!” Rossi continued.

Fast learner Quintana makes immediate Tour impact

PARIS (Reuters) – Watch and learn – that was the directive Nairo Quintana received when he was included in his Movistar team’sTour de France roster.

The diminutive, swarthy-faced Colombian climber did more than just that on his Tour debut, surpassing expectations with a brilliant three-week display to secure second place overall.

Quintana, 23, reached the Champs Elysees in Paris having won a stage and claimed both white and polka-dot jerseys for the best young rider and the best climber.

On Saturday, he won the 20th stage at the top of Semnoz after a final 11-km ascent – nothing intimidating for a rider who would descend 16 kilometers every day to go to school on a 20-kilo mountain bike.

“And I had to come back every evening,” he says with a smile.

 He caught the eye of Movistar manager Eusebio Unzue when, aged 20, he won the Tour de l’Avenir – the most prestigious young riders’ race.

Unzue was looking for Colombian riders for his Spain-based team.

“Finding a Colombian rider who climbs well is easy,” said Unzue, referring to the ‘Beetles’, the Colombian climbers of the 1980s.

“But finding one who climbs well and who is also a good time-trialist is more rare.”

Quintana, however, is not just a physically talented rider. He is also a clever one.

“The other thing that struck me is his character,” said Unzue.

“He’s got a lot of self-confidence and he analyses a race very well. When you listen to him debrief his day, you understand right away that he is not just a fast rider.”

Quintana showed during the Tour that he is a fast learner.

 Starting the race with the task of helping team leader Alejandro Valverde secure a podium finish, the Colombian found himself thrust into the role of leader after the Spaniard lost considerable time on a flat stage following a mechanical problem.

“Everybody in the team believed in me. Everyone helped me, especially psychologically, to achieve this. At 23, I was not prepared for that,” he said on Saturday, sobbing between sentences.

“When they asked me if I was up for it (after Valverde’s hopes were dashed), I said ‘yes, sure, I’m ready to be team leader but I hope you will forgive me if my legs don’t respond at some point’.”

 His legs responded well as Quintana finished second behind Tour champion Chris Froome of Britain in the stage finishing up the iconic Mont Ventoux, although he briefly lost consciousness after crossing the line.

That day, he probably attacked too early. On Saturday, he showed that he had learned his lesson, waiting for Froome to attack on the slopes of the Semnoz before countering him in the final kilometer to take the stage.

The win capped years of hard work, Quintana said, still shaking his head in disbelief.

“I worked very hard and I had the support of my parents, my team. A year ago, when I turned professional, it was difficult to imagine that I would be here today,” he said.

“As a kid I didn’t dream this could happen to me. I was taking things on a daily basis.”

Quintana has emulated compatriot Luis Herrera, who won the King of the Mountains title in 1985 and 1987, but he is setting his sights higher than the polka dot jersey.

“These performances give me a lot of confidence for the following years. In 2015 I could be gunning for yellow. I will continue to work every day to achieve that,” he said.

Lorenzo ‘Miss’ Stoner on track

Jorge Lorenzo (foto: Reuters)

SAN MARINO – The rivalry between Jorge Lorenzo with Casey Stoner is temporarily stalled, as the defending champion is injured. Apparently with this condition, make Lorenzo laments missed stoner figure on the track.

Stoner suffered an ankle injury he got during the race at Indianapolis, and the injury will probably take a long time. As a result a shift competition ensued, the enemy is now turning to Lorenza Dani Pedrosa.

In the past two seasons, Lorenzo is a rival Stoner. For the 2010 world champion to miss the resistance of a Stoner on track.

Because in the last 12 races of the season, Lorenzo and Stoner has a combination of nine wins, with five wins for the details of the driver nicknamed X-Fuera and four victory for Stoner.

“I think without this kecelelakaan, Casey will fight for the championship this season. I prefer to beat them on the track, not while he’s gone. And this season for a while he had to fight very hard to win this championship, “said Lorenzo, as reported by Nine MSN, Wednesday (12/09/2012).

With six races remaining, Stoner hopes to re-pave immediately. Current driver from Australia with 59 points behind Lorenzo, and there is no hope of him to defend the title won last year.

“But as we all know in this sport if there has been close to limits, then there is some chance for accidents. I know this feeling. But this is a very frustrating situation for Casey as he will retire at the end of the season and now there is no chance to win the world title for him, “complained Lorenzo.

Competition is beginning to shift to Pedrosa, Stoner’s teammate from the latest threats Lorenzo has become, thanks to two victories were achieved on the race in Rep. Czech and Indianapolis and now distance Pedrosa just 13 points adrift with Lorenzo.

Nicky Hayden Threatened can’t join MotoGP Next Season

Nicky Hayden Terancam Tak Ikut MotoGP Musim Depan

2006 MotoGP World Champion Nicky Hayden will not be offered a contract extension by the Ducati team in MotoGP season 2014. Racer whose name is quite popular in the United States that had revealed his future uncertainty in MotoGP next season when convening MotoGP Germany last week.
Ducati is based in Bologna, Italy is not an offer for a new contract Hayden motorhome Desemosedici for the sixth season. But also do not want to lose Ducati Nicky Hayden.
As an alternative, offering Ducati rider 31-year-old racer was a different contract. That is offered to be the driver in the event the Superbike World Championship (WSBK).
There has been no official confirmation from Ducati related to this issue. “We prefer to retain Nicky with Ducati and we have some options that are still to be discussed again with him, including the option to race in the World Superbike,” said Ducati boss, Paolo Ciabatti in MCN.
But Nicky Hayden admitted, “I really prefer to stay in MotoGP racing with the right bike and the right team, but unfortunately at this time Momennya not so good,” said Nicky Hayden as reported Motorcyclenews.
Hayden also indirectly agreed that he was ready to move into Superbike racing. Now he’s still wait and see. At least until the end of this season, Ducati will continue to give full support to the two riders, Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso.
“But Hayden Ducati offered at different positions in the Ducati line-up, we are just starting to talk about this time in Germany, and we’ll see,” he said.
By not offering them by Ducati Nicky Hayden, another speculation that mention Cal Crutchlow will move to replace Hayden Ducati.

Button find rise of MCLaren

Jenson Button melihat tanda-tanda bangkitnya McLaren (Foto: Crash)

BUDAPEST – The signs of revival McLaren seems to be felt by the rider, Jenson Button. British rider feels his team work has improved over time.

In the last series, the series rather Nurburgring Germany, Button is able to finish in sixth. While Button’s teammate, Sergio Perez slightly lagging behind the eighth.

The result is much better when compared with the results in the next two series, namely Canada and the UK series. In Canada, Button only able to finish the race in 12th position, while currently performing in his hometown, he actually performed poorly with finishing in thirteenth place.

This is what made ​​him optimistic about his team’s success in the next series. “I really think the team is working very well now. In Germany, the tires that we use, strategy and management of the race that I think is the best ever, “said Button, Crash was quoted on Monday (22/07/2013).

Furthermore, 33-year-old racer also provide commentary for the venue to be passed later, the Hungaroring circuit, Hungary. Racing will be held on 26 to 28 July 2013.

“Circuits great, great great. I have so many positive memories of racing at the Hungaroring. I won my first grand prix in 2006 and still feels very emotional. And I also won my 200th race there back in 2011, “Gomez said.

Vettel not Care’s New Friend

Sebastian Vettel does not matter who will be the new tandem at Red Bull Racing next year. Even so, three times Formula 1 champion is claimed to have good relationships with both candidates, ie, Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo.
The German rider said he would accept whatever his decision in choosing a replacement for Mark Webber who moved to Le Mans next year’s Championship.
“I do not care. I have a good relationship with both. Maybe I know Kimi is better than Daniel, but I think he did a good job for a young driver test with RB9 car, “Vettel said.
Vettel also explained that Red Bull Racing is very interested in signing a contract with Lotus Raikkonen finished later this year. He also admitted to not be afraid of having to bertandem with the 2007 world champion.
“If you want to win the world, then it is not an effect, because you have to beat anyone. No matter whether you are a strong team mate or not. At this stage, it is very difficult to judge who is the best. Clearly this is a team decision, I can only give an opinion, “he concluded.

Antonelli Killed in Accident at Supersport

Antonelli Tewas dalam Kecelakaan di Supersport  

Moscow – Grief enveloped Italian racing world. Foreign riders who participated in the Pizza World Supersport event, Andrea Antonelli, died after suffering a severe accident at the race in Moscwa Raceway, Sunday, July 21, 2013.
Kecalakan that struck Antonelli happened in the last corner on the first lap. In the slippery track conditions due to heavy rain, Antonelli lost control of his motorcycle to fall. After that, his head hit the motor co sekompatriotnya, Lorenzo Zanetti. “Three riders were injured and one of them from Italy died of injuries suffered,” said local police spokesman told reporters.
Antonelli was immediately taken to the medical center that is in the circuit. The medical team did not want to bring Antonelli to a nearby hospital by helicopter because it does not want to take the risk. Because the injury is severe enough Antonelli. Goeleven Kawasaki rider was dead at 2 pm local time.
FIM, Dorna, and YMS Promotion and decided to stop all activities scheduled on that day. »All the people involved in this championship deepest condolences to the Antonelli family, friends, team, and the Italian Federation over this tragic incident,” the official statement FIM.
Antonelli became the second driver from Italy who died in the World Supersport Championship. Previously, Marco Simoncelli died when following the race at the Malaysian GP in October two years ago. Lives of the Gresini Honda team rider drifted after his head hit the motor and close friend Colin Edwards, Valentino Rossi.

MotoGP legend Enthusiast Follow Suzuka 8-Hours Race

SUZUKA – Event Suzuka 8-Hours Race this weekend ensured full participation of the iron horse jockey legend. One of them former MotoGP champion 1993 season, Kevin Schwantz, who will be riding the Suzuki GSX-R1000.

Not himself, Schwantz Suzuki team participating in will also partner with Yukio Kagayama and World Superbike legend, Noriyuki “Nitro” Haga. Schwantz was looking forward claiming back down in the event that there has been 11 years that followed.

“I’m looking forward to race at the Suzuka 8-Hour with Yukio and on the seat Noriyuki Suzuki GSX-R1000. Suzuka has a special place in my heart because I won my first 500cc Grand Prix here, “said Schwantz.

“The last time I took an eight-hour event was in 1992 with Doug Chandler and we could not finish the race due to mechanical problems. With only two riders, it will be difficult physically. Now with three riders and still be heavy for me though not as before, “he added.

“I myself have never won at this event and now with my colleagues tough as Yukio and Nori, I think we have a chance to win it,” Schwantz closed, as quoted by Crash, Thursday (25/07/2013).

Suzuka 8-Hours Event Race time will be followed by 63 riders and expected, Suzuka will be met 80 thousand fans at the final session, Saturday (07/27/2013) future. Last year, the event was won by a trio of Jonathan Rea, Kosuke Akiyoshi and Tadayuki Okada that carries the FCC TSR Honda team.

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Lotus Kimi Raikkonen tried to convince to stay on the team and did not move to Red Bull.
“In the last two years we managed to close the gap to Red Bull. And we continue to catch up with this,” said Eric Boullier, Lotus boss told the BBC.
Raikkonen speculation of a move to Red Bull’s Mark Webber came after deciding not to renew his contract with Red Bull.
Click Webber will leave Formula 1 at the end of this year and will jump in NASCAR.
With Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso team, Raikkonen is considered as an ideal replacement for Webber.
end of August
Click Raikkonen record of achievement is quite impressive and for a while was in third position in the championship under the Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Boullier said that Raikkonen at Lotus future will be decided before August.
“He’s old enough to decide what is best for him. Sides There is a positive side and a negative if he decided to move to Red Bull next year,” said Boullier.
Beyond the technical factors, Boullier said there was a problem between Lotus and Raikkonen related payroll but Boullier confirmed that the salary arrears is now complete.
Red Bull Webber himself said a replacement will be announced in late August.